Check out my Almond Flour Orange Cake with Sesame and Lemon Frosting - it is Gooooood! Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Sugar Free and Delicious!
Recipe - Adapted from www.elanaspantry.com
4 eggs - I used Ener-G Egg Replacer
1 Cup (200g) Xylitol (Can substitute with 3/4 Cup Agave Nectar)
2 cups (175g) blanched almond flour (ground almonds)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Wash the oranges and boil them whole (peel and all) for 1 ½ hours, or until soft
2. Place whole oranges (peel and all) in a food processor and blend until smooth
3. Process in egg replacer, xylitol, almond flour and baking soda until well blended
4. Pour batter into a greased 9-Inch round cake pan
5. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean - I had to double bake I removed the cake from the tin, turned it over and cooked for a further 40 mins. Total cooking time 1hr30!!!
Sesame and Lemon Frosting
4 heaped Tsp of Tahini
4 heaped Tsp of Xylitol
Juice of half a lemon
Mix Tahini, Xylitol and Lemon Juice together and spread over the cooled cake