This recipe is adapted from 'Breaking The Vicious Cycle' by Elaine Gottschall who created the <#66cc66>Specific Carbohydrate Diet#66cc66>. I tried it out of curiosity (when you look at the ingredients you'll know why) and was pleasantly surprised! The recipe is sugar, dairy and grain free and the end result tastes surprisingly like a moist sponge cake. Enjoy!
Ingredients: (Makes 8)
130g Nut Butter - I used Almond Butter
1 Small Egg
1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
You could add Vanilla Extract, Ginger, Cocoa & Chocolate Chips, Nuts or Dried Fruit for variation. The Cake would also be lovely frosted!
1. Mix the Nut Butter,Baking Soda and Xylitol together in a bowl
2. Whisk the egg and add to the Nut Butter mixture
3. Spoon the mixture into a greased 9x4 inch loaf tin
4. Cook for 20-25 mins at Gas Mark 4 (350 degrees)
6. Allow to cool slicing into squares and serving